2019年2月14日星期四

Did I just embarass myself in front of this elderly woman?

This is my first time in this subreddit and I've never studied this language before, but something just happened randomly and I need to know if I did the right thing or embarassed myself completely!

I just came out of a public restroom and an old chinese woman happened to come out as well. I ran ahead of her to open the door, and she proceeded to pat my back and say, Xièxiè. I knew it meant thank you, so just instinctually I said it back - she didnt really react she kind of just smiled and went off her way.

Did I say the right response, or should there be something I should remember next time something like this ever occurs . There's a huge chinese community in my area, and Id love to be able to know basic greetings in case a random encounter happens like that again.

submitted by /u/creamerdreamers
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2SONsPn
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo