2019年2月7日星期四

Are there any language courses and/or video series that use comprehensible input (not children's series)?

Basically, I would like to find something that's like a graded reader in terms of simplicity of language and use of simple grammatical structures (http://mandarincompanion.com/ is a good website for high quality Mandarin graded readers btw) but instead of in written form I want to know if there's anything in video/audio form. I've tried children's shows but aside from them not being interesting and something I wouldn't watch in English, I find that they don't repeat words often enough like a graded reader would nor use much vocabulary that I would probably use on the regular.

The closest thing I've found (that's not a Chinese language learning course) is a series on YouTube called "Happy Chinese" which I guess is for Chinese learners because during small segments of each episode they'll teach a Chinese word or phrase but I don't even find this series very helpful because not only do they not repeat things like I mentioned earlier but they don't dumb down the language for people who are still learning.

It makes me wonder how people who say they've learned a English through TV and movies actually did it.

submitted by /u/SaiJC
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2tbxm4b
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo