Hello all. As the title says. I have an elderly resident at my nursing home named Fay. I work in the kitchen. She doesn't speak much English and sometimes it can be frustrating her communicate what she would like. We serve 2 options at meal time and normally bring out a plate of each option and let her point at which she would like. The problem is, if she doesn't like either option, she cant tell us what we would like instead so I find myself making hand motions for sandwich and what not. We end up playing charades till I figure it out. Today her daughter made her cards to hold up for "Apple" and "Cranberry" juice. I was hoping to pick up a few common phrases to write down for my staff to say hello and a few other common phrases in her language. My worry is if I use a translator app I dont want to say something incorrect. Is there any sort of app that she could speak into and translate into English text? Or something I can type in English and be displayed in Mandarin? I downloaded one and the closest option is Chinese? Is Chinese close enough to get simple messages across? I dont see her being very good with technology so I'd prefer something she doesn't have to type. Sorry for the long text. I hope this isnt a silly question. Thank you for you time.
[link] [comments]
from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2QaVK3F --------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com
没有评论:
发表评论