2018年10月21日星期日

Any tips for learning simplified characters if you already know traditional characters?

I've been learning Chinese using traditional script for 2 years (because some day I would like to travel to Taiwan and I want to be able to read old Chinese literature which uses traditional characters) Recently I've noticed that my school offers a Chinese course and because I struggle with speaking and listening (and the the teacher is a native speaker) I thought that it would be a good idea to enroll in the course, but the problem is that if I want to pass the course I will have to read and WRITE simplified characters (and there's over 2000 of them that I have to learn in 1.5 year) I know that many simplified characters look the same but I got used to the traditional script and I often write e.g. 們 or 愛 instead of 们 or 爱 and I have a problem with reading simplified characters, because many of them seem very unfamiliar to me (I've learned traditional characters through associations so even if a little detail is different I get stuck) Should I continue learning tradional characters simultaneously with simplified characters or should I focus on simplified characters only?

submitted by /u/viktor77727
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2AkSfyc
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo