2018年8月28日星期二

Chinese beginner ("HSK3") looking for directions

Hey!

​

TLDR: looking for ways to improve my speaking skills by December as someone who has a hard time creating sentences and has a HSK3 level of vocabulary.

​

I have been studying Chinese for 7 months and just finished HSK3 (not the actual test, just the vocabulary). Even though I am quite proud of my current progress (doing this next to working full time and studying for my bachelor full time) I do feel like I came to the point where I'd like some guidance. My problem is that, even though I feel like I'm quite good in memorising characters (mainly using Anki and a piece of paper), I don't feel like I'm actually progressing. I am very bad in writing full sentences, understanding and producing spoken Chinese.

​

Steps I've taken:

- Took a Du Chinese subscription. I play a lesson without reading (just hearing) and try to reproduce it (either by speaking or writing). This does seem to help but it doesn't give me this "breakthrough" I'm looking for.

- I am taking 1on1 classes to improve my pronunciation. I do feel like this is actually helping me but since I can't really form sentences yet I can't integrate what I've learned.

- Get a few Chinese friends. I've found Chinese people, both online as in my city, to practice with. My problem is that I always seem to shift to English because I'm afraid to make mistakes. Stupid I know, but it just... argh. I lack the confidence to speak. Even though my friends really do their best to communicate as much as possible in Chinese, it's always me who shifts to English.

​

My study recourses:

- Du Chinese

- Anki (HSK, SpoonFedChinese, recognizing isolated sounds)

- Chinese friends

- Remembering the Hanzi (didn't start these yet since I don't feel like they will improve my speaking)

- NPCR1 (didn't really do much with these yet)

- Chinese grammer book (AllSet Learning)

​

Even though I will now continue with studying for HSK4, I really want to improve my speaking. I've booked a flight to go to China in December just to put some pressure on myself and give me the opportunity to speak Chinese. I would like to be able to have very basic conversations by then.

​

Does anyone recognise this situation I'm in? Could anyone give me some guidance?

submitted by /u/bavored
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2LxXltl
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo