Hello. I was hoping someone could help direct me to what resources are available as far as dictionaries/lexicons are concerned.
My mother-in-law is Chinese and is helping to give myself and my son a Chinese name. However, she is very much into 风水 and has many restrictions/requirements on what the names can be including which radicals and number of total strokes. My wife, who can speak Chinese, also imposes additional preferences because she finds particular tone pairings more aesthetic. So I'm finding a resource like mdbg.net to be rather limited. While I've been browsing it for the particular possible characters, I've found many, maybe up to half, that simply have no definition given. However, I can search them in Google and find Chinese language hits so they are being used, just not defined at mdbg.
I understand that the more readily available lexicons are limited and that more comprehensive ones exist. I'd like to have them on computer for easy access, but it would also be nice to have a very good comprehensive lexicon in print as well on the bookshelf as I do intend to continue my study of Chinese and attend Chinese school with my son. So good resources for both Simplified and Traditional would be nice. Does anyone recommend a comprehensive electronic lexicon and also a print one too? I've seen Pleco thrown around, but it seems that there are also about 15 or so lexicon/dictionary modules, all for purchase individually. Which one(s) would be best for defining characters that mdbg miss?
谢谢
[link] [comments]
from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2Ictrhx --------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com
没有评论:
发表评论