2019年2月14日星期四

My lack of practice finally caught up to me

I'm half Taiwanese but was born and raised in Australia, so whatever Chinese I learned was usually okay to pretty poor. I tried to pick it back up and study formally a couple times but found I learn better on the ground.

Unfortunately, when I went to visit a little Chinese supermarket by myself where all the staff primarily spoke Chinese, when the lady told me how much I owed her I didn't quite catch it and asked her, "多久? Duōjiǔ (How much longer?)" instead of "多少 Duōshǎo (How much?)

It wasn't until I was out of the store that I realised my mistake and how rude I was... I'm an idiot

submitted by /u/MachaPyong
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2GG3XqA
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo