2019年2月15日星期五

Intermediate podcasts with inline translations?

I'm looking for a podcast to listen to in my spare time to improve my vocab and understanding of how words are used in sentences. I feel like I'm not very good at understanding new words just from context clues, or if I do guess what it means, I probably won't remember it.

I'd like a podcast with one or two hosts speaking in Chinese, saying the English translation of any tricky Chinese words. Sentence-by-sentence translations would also be cool, with one sentence in English, and the next one in Chinese, like they do with bilingual sermons. (Speaking of bilingual sermons, I guess I could listen to that, but much of the language there is specific to Christianity.)

Some podcasts take the form of playing a dialogue twice, then a translation, then a discussion of some of the vocab and grammar used. I think that's a bit too elementary and too long-winded for me. Probably just repeating the word and the translation should be enough. I'd say my vocabulary is about halfway between HSK 4 and HSK 5. So a fair amount, but not quite enough to listen to 随口说美国 and Himalaya FM comfortably.

submitted by /u/Hallucinogenic_Fish
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2V7GOBB
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo