2019年2月8日星期五

I came across three things while looking through my family's history

First thing was I learned my grandmother who I always believed to be an ABC with the family name of 擦( Taishanese: Toy) was actually adopted. Her family name on the birth certificate Pean, which I cannot find, through google, to be a Chinese name, is this correct? Korean appears to be an option.

Also, I found [this](https://imgur.com/gallery/ke5Pire) with her birth certificate. I tried to use Google Translate but it gives me Ramadary, which might be an Indonesian or Malay surname. What does it say? I only know some basic mandarin and I can't figure this out.

Thirdly, this might not have anything to do with the Chinese language but on her "decree of adoption" from St. Louis, Missouri both the adoptive and biological father have (Chu) [sic] before their names. Any idea what that might mean? From the name given I don't think the adoptive mother was Chinese or Asian at all. Which might explain the lack of (Chu) before her name. The birth mother isn't named at all so I really don't know.

I asked my mother, the daughter of my afore mentioned grandma, and she didn't even know most of this. Also, my grandma died over ten years ago so I cannot ask her, so any insight you might have will be very helpful.

submitted by /u/PM_Me_Yer_Sinpillows
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2tbMo9S
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo