2019年2月15日星期五

How to pronounce "J" in Chinese? (Cantonese)

Two days ago, I decided to learn Mandarin and Cantonese at the same time, so I'm an extreme novice. I wanted some help with the "J" sound.

The greeting I was taught on the app (for Cantonese) was " 早晨 (jóusàhn) ", but from the audio clip I heard (I use Mango), the "J" sounded like a "Dz" sound.

In the Mandarin "course", one of the first words I learned was the word for person. But the word they use is " 人 (ren)", but the first letter sounds more like a "J" (not exactly; more like the J in Bonjour).

The sound is one I'm not that used to. Can anyone help explain?

Thank you very much.

submitted by /u/9651895189512812
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2tn2I7R
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo