2019年2月13日星期三

How do you get over nervousness while speaking to natives?

I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I see a native and know were about to have a conversation. This is cool because I'm super into Chinese language, but I'm so deathly afraid of making mistakes or not understanding them. It slows the conversation way down and it's embarrassing. Sometimes I won't initiate a conversation with them which would be a good practice opportunity because of this reason.

My main problem is whenever I'm speaking to a native they always speak so fast. It's hard to understand them and in return I end up speaking fast. This makes it seem like I'm a fluent speaker and can understand them. What is your mindset/method in telling them that you don't understand and for them to slow down?

submitted by /u/xChuchx
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2E7YYgy
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo