2018年7月30日星期一

When should you "graduate" from pinyin?

I just started self-studying via HelloChinese and I'm about a week in consistently (so I've barely started really). I've found myself obviously heavily reliant on pinyin which seems expected. I'm learning the actually characters through the character review module at a much slower rate than I'm learning the words via pinyin. At this early stage though I can't imagine not using the pinyin to be reading and memorizing the words, meanings, and tones.

Kind of a vague question, but at what stage should I be trying to forgo the pinyin entirely and focus only on the characters? I imagine this app will use pinyin through, and going through all the lessons will take months, so I'm wondering if I should cast pinyin away after I'm through with the app, or try to do it at some earlier stage.

Side question, I know tones are 100% important, but I'm curious how many learners absolutely memorize the tone fully attached when they first encounter a new word, or if you're mostly learning 5-10 words a day, and you may be able to recall the word first but not the tone, and the tones become cemented further down the line with more practice.

submitted by /u/SorryIfIDissedYou
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2OqrFZo
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo