2019年6月12日星期三

Help! HSK level assessment next week. What do I do?

I've booked a meeting with official HSK teachers nearest to me for next week. The teachers have offered evaluate my language ability so far to get an idea of what level HSK I should study.

I have been in China for several years and have absorbed some of the language. It's generally been in ordering food and drink, shopping, getting around on public transport, introductions and small talk. But not conversational level.

I cannot enroll on the actual HSK courses because the nearest center is too far away and I can't afford the course fees at this time. So the plan is to self-study and then sit for test in next year.

My intention is to buy a HSK text book from the center as soon as I know what level my current language status is.

The teachers will assess me through a half-hour conversation and, then after, recommend me a level to test.

I have one week to prepare and my ability so far includes talking about my interests, name and age, food, past residence and how I traveled to somewhere. My comprehension, however, is lower than my speaking, so I'm guessing responding to questions will be difficult.

Once I get to know my level, I can then build further and prepare for a test next year.

Can anyone advise me what to do to prepare for this assessment and what I could expect?

submitted by /u/ReginaldJohnston
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2KJmX9D
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo