2019年5月13日星期一

My Chinese teacher has given up on me - speaking exam in 3 days

Hi there so this is a really frustrating thing for me, i've loved Chinese all the 5 years that i've been doing it and for 3.5 of those 5 years i've been the top of the class at everything in Chinese.

​

I moved to a new school where my Chinese teacher left in a month and i was left teacher-less for about 10 months.

​

I returned to my old school so I actually have a teacher (and my Chinese teacher really encouraged me to do it.)

​

For months we spent endless hours trying to help me with the things I'd missed out on in those 9 months, and finally, my speaking exam has dawned on us.

​

My class has accepted defeat and always has since the beginning, they all hate Chinese and i've been the only one truly passionate.

​

When I told my teacher im an auditory learner and I'd appreciate if she'd try to interact with me in Chinese (she only ever speaks English) she told me i could script the parts of my speaking exam (that are allowed to be scripted) and forget about the spontaneous questions since i can make up my grade with the scripted areas. I told her i just needed to improve my speaking overall and she just told me i can make up my grade with other things and i missed a year and there's nothing i can do.

​

I honestly feel so lost since she was the person keeping my love for chinese going and she's completely accepted defeat. When i tell you my spoken Chinese is bad like, i really mean it. my accent is fine but i can't speak on the spot for my life.

​

What am i supposed to do?

​

TLDR; Teacher told me to not practice my chinese speaking skill because i can compensate in other areas of the exam. feeling so disheartened.

submitted by /u/Tali6
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2JiFXMs
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo