2019年4月26日星期五

Native material is accessible - do I still follow a textbook?

I love reading and recently found that I've reached a level where a horror manga I stumbled into (奇奇怪怪) is very readable - I'm getting through 2 chapters per lunch break pretty painlessly. There are ~270 chapters.

I live in Taiwan and work in a bilingual office, so I'm quite immersed. I'm also literate in Japanese, so characters aren't a problem.

Currently I'm meeting with a test prep tutor who has set a goal for me of the HSK4 in fall, and I meet with another tutor to work through a textbook. We're partway through book 2 of practical audio visual Chinese by NTU.

I'd like to drop PAVC and replace that hour with an hour of conversation about what I read, but I'm a bit hesitant. I encounter lots of Mandarin because of my situation, but since I'm still at quite a low level, I feel that this explicit instruction is helpful.

I want to replace the hour with conversation so that I have a consistent place to practice the grammar/sentence structures I encounter while reason.

What do you think? Do I go for full immersion and learn what I need as I go or should I stick with a traditional structure till I'm at a higher level?

submitted by /u/SuikaCider
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2UDkL4R
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo