2019年2月2日星期六

What are some things Chinese class didn't prepare you for?

I've been "learning" Chinese through immersion. Before coming to China, I used an app and took Chinese classes, but only for a month. However, I've certainly noticed differences in what the textbook says and what Chinese people say. Just for context, I'm located in Huzhou in the Zhejiang Province. Some things I was not prepared for:

  1. A lot of Chinese people pronounce the "sh" sound like "s" so 十 sounds like 四 which makes paying confusing. Is it 14 or 44?
  2. You learn to recognize the meaning of characters even if you don't know the pronunciation. I learned how to recognize 路 (street) before I knew how to pronounce it.
  3. You learn random things before "standard" vocabulary words. I learned how to say "blowjob" before "toilet" for example.
  4. You get really good at a specific type of conversation. I still struggle with self-introductions but talking about food, shopping, and likes/dislikes is super easy.
  5. The language is very informal and I have never heard people use 您 except with elders.

What other things have y'all noticed that are different/unique when you learn Chinese in China?

submitted by /u/waffledogofficial
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2WFITGb
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo