2019年1月1日星期二

Need advice on applying to language school

First off, I hope I'm posting this in the right sub. If not, I apologize. I have been looking at a language school that is based in Xi'an for awhile now, their website. I've tried finding reviews and more information on the specific school but haven't been able to find anything.

In regards to applying, I contacted them and they asked me to supply them with a scan of my passport, as well as my full address and my phone number in order to help with my visa. I asked them about specific pricing for long term study in my initial contact, and they told me "Our college fee will be 6800 yuan a term (without accommodation) and you could pay for it when you arrive. Please first send us your passport so we could prepare for the rest of the documents.Because we can only apply for your visa when the new term starts"

I just got an email back from them after providing them my passport scan and address/phone number that says, "We've received your passport copy now. And you need to pay for the fees as follows so we can start our preparation. What you need to pay now is: 1. Registration fee and postage fee: CNY 200 yuan (35 dollars) 2. Deposit for college fee: we'll first charge 40% of the college fee before you arrive (287.5 dollars)

So totally you need to pay 322.5 dollars now to us. Please transfer the money via WestUnion to [insert name here].

Is this standard for applying for a language school in China overseas? Their website doesn't have the greatest presence, but neither does Huayang Academy in Kunmig - although theirs is more profound and known from what I can tell. Would like some thoughts as to what you guys are thinking. Trying to prevent digging myself into a bad hole.

submitted by /u/Vorikx
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2AqNeUl
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo