2019年1月31日星期四

Mandarin speakers, how do these read for you?

Hello! Can I ask for a little help from the Chinese speakers (and learners) of this community? We're having our game's story translated into Mandarin and would like to confirm if the translation sounds good! A native speaker translated it and I'd like to see if he was able to get more or less some nuances and the not-so-sure parts. Parts that include references to Japanese words/culture/names, or maybe English idioms and such. I'm not expecting 100% accuracy, but something that sounds decent or good from a local speaker's perspective.

We made it so that users can immediately cycle or switch between different fan translations available. For learners of the language, is this something you'll find practical or helpful?

Thanks for the feedback!

Instruction dialogues:

"en": "The Event Log button shows you previous text box."

"zh": "“事件日志”将按钮为你显示上一个文本框"


"en": "The Show Dialogue button toggles the text on and off and hides the quick control buttons."

"zh": "“显示对话”按钮可以为你打开和关闭文本,你也可以用此隐藏快速控制按钮"


"en": "To show the text, press the menu button and the Show Dialogue button again. Clicking on the screen or pressing spacebar will show and advance the text box."

"zh": "若要显示文本,请再次按清单和“显示对话”按钮。如你单击屏幕或按空格键,将显示并前进文本框内"


"en": "Click/tap and drag the Sound button left and right to control the volume of music and special effect sounds."

"zh": "单击/点击并左右拖动声音按钮,以控制音乐和特殊效果的音量"


"en": "Dragging left decreases the audio volume while dragging right increases it."

"zh": "向左拖动会减小音量,向右拖动则会增大音量"


"en": "A white musical note means lower sound volume. A yellow musical note means higher sound volume."

"zh": "白色音符表示较低的音量。黄色音符表示较高的音量"


"en": "Letting go will set the desired audio volume. To continue adjusting it, simply click/tap and drag the sound button again."

"zh": "放手可设置所需的音量。如果要继续调整音量,只需单击/点击并再次拖动声音按钮"

Introduction dialogues

"en": "My parents owned a small izakaya. We worked hard everyday. We weren't rich, but we had enough to be happy."

"zh": "我的父母拥有一间小小的居酒屋。我们每天努力工作。虽然我们并不富裕,但我们知足,所以过得很快乐"


"en": "I grew up eating, breathing, and living ramen. Tokyo was an expensive place to own a shop, so we weren't anything fancy."

"zh": "我从小到大都在拉面的环境中生活,在东京开店开支很大,所以我们的生意是属于小规模的那种"


"en": "Room for eight customers at a time, clean quarters if a little cramped, and good comfort food."

"zh": "我们能为八位顾客提供一间房,虽然有点挤却很干净,而且我们的食物能慰劳他们一天的辛劳"


"en": "Mom was the chef. She would spend most of the day in front of a hot wok or a large pot, churning out delicious noodles and broth. Dad took orders and kept everything running smoothly."

"zh": "妈妈是厨师。她大部分时间都在热锅或大锅前度过,准备美味的面条和肉汤。爸爸为客人下单,保持店里的运作畅顺"


"en": "At our busiest hours we would have customers lined up all around the block. That's how good mom's ramen is."

"zh": "在忙碌的时候,客户会排成一排等进入居酒屋,我妈妈的拉面就是好吃到这种程度"


"en": "I always worked at the izakaya after school. I know all mom's recipes by heart. Sometimes she would let me take over the cooking duties."

"zh": "我放学后总会在居酒屋帮忙。我对妈妈的食谱记得很清楚。有时她会让我接管烹饪的工作"


"en": "I loved the smell of the pork broth, of freshly made noodles. I dreamed of one day taking over the izakaya and expanding the business."

"zh": "我喜欢猪肉汤和新鲜面条的味道。我梦想有一天能够接管居酒屋并扩大业务"


"en": "My parents thought I had potential. I was always coming up with new kinds of ramen to sell, and the customers liked it. The rotating menu options helped with our popularity."

"zh": "我的父母认为我有潜力。因为我总是想出新款的拉面来吸引顾客。旋转菜单选项有助增加我们的受欢迎程度"


"en": "I don't want to sound arrogant, but I really believe I'd make a good ramen chef."

"zh": "我不想好像很自大,但我坚信自己会成为一个成功的拉面师傅"


Dialogue Interactions

"en": "There is nothing underhanded here. Yanagawa & Kato only takes on the most respectable clients, and our integrity as a law firm is unparalleled."

"zh": "这里并没有什么神秘的地方。Yanagawa & Kato只欢迎最受尊敬的客户,作为一家律师事务所,我们的诚信是无与伦比的"


"en": "While I admit that this is an... unusual request, let me assure you that there is nothing illegal about this matter."

"zh": "虽然我承认这是一个......不寻常的要求,但我向你保证,这件事并不包含任何违法的因素"


"en": "Really? Offering me a job without providing any details about it doesn't sound suspicious at all?"

"zh": "你是说真的吗?你认为在不给我任何资料的情况下就给我工作,这件事没有可疑吗?"


"en": "And a place with rent lower than what I pay for my plant box of a studio apartment?"

"zh": "还有,这个地方的租金比我现在养的植物还便宜,这不太可能吧?"


"en": "I don't even know this guy! What if he's some kind of weird pervert? Or some rich serial killer who kills random guests?"

"zh": "我根本不认识这个人!如果他是个变态那怎么办?如果他是个连环杀人犯呢?"


"en": "I've been called many things by my business rivals, but let me assure you that I am neither of those things, Mr. <PLAYERLNAME>."

"zh": "我在商界中的竞争对手为我起了很多名字,但我可以告诉你这些名字都不能代表我 [pn:先生] <PLAYERLNAME>"


"en": "I've been called many things by my business rivals, but let me assure you that I am neither of those things, Mr. <PLAYERLNAME>."

"zh": "我在商界中的竞争对手为我起了很多名字,但我可以告诉你这些名字都不能代表我 [pn:先生] <PLAYERLNAME>"


"en": "Another man had entered the room while I was talking. He's almost as round as he was tall, a teddy bear dressed in a business suit. I jump to my feet."

"zh": "在我说话的时候,另一个男人进了房间。他又胖又高,像一只穿着西装的泰迪熊。我看到他后,马上跳了起来"


"en": "M-Mr. Komatsu!"

"zh": "小...小松先生!"

submitted by /u/paperwaifu
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2DMCvWm
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo