2019年1月27日星期日

How do you like your grammar rules written for the best learning experience?

I'm the tone colorizer Chrome web app and social media HSK character bot guy.

As part of my Chinese reading app (similar to The Chairmans Bao, Du Chinese and Decipher Chinese), I'm building grammar rule parsing (and eventually quizzes, and a bunch of other content, etc from these same rules that will generate automatically from the text).

I've written down the basic mapping of about 50 rules so far (I intend to get to about 200-300ish before I go into beta, and theoretically there's about 1000-2000 available, though I don't think that many will be needed - at least at first) into relatively plain English.

What I am asking for here are opinions on the best way you, as an individual learn. Right now my grammar definitions are pretty dry - most of them are just "Expressing '<english_definition>' with the <grammar_part_of_speech> <character>"

For example:

PARSE STRING: 这两个词的意思差不多

Expressing the measure word 个 - used for people or objects in general

Link a noun to a preceding phrase with 的

Expressing 'good enough' with the adjective 差不多

Don't worry, I intend to spice them up more than that (I literally wrote almost all of the 50 rule mappings today, so this is very much first draft-y), however when I do, I need to know what types of grammar rules users like - do you like very specific, very technical definitions? Do you prefer more colloquial language? Maybe both types of definitions?

How long is, "too long" for you when it comes to reading a grammar rule? Would maybe a short definition, with a collapsible long form be something you'd like? Maybe a grammar "hover" when rules are present in a sentence?

What sort of grammar-related tools do you like? Or if you could have your ideal grammar tool, how would it work? The only apps that I know of that directly incorporate grammar rules are Lingodeer, The Chairmans Bao, Duolingo (and Duolingo is quite spotty), and maybe Memrise? and none of them really do much rule-based practice (or the rule-based practice they do is very formulaic) and I am trying to move away from that.

I used a type of language processing that allows a great, great deal of granular control, so I can add a huge number of grammar features right into the app, and I am open to ideas.

submitted by /u/WillBackUpWithSource
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2CN4gwi
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo