2018年12月31日星期一

Question about "The Lady in the Painting" traditional character version/differences in vocab usage?

I apologize for the wordy title, but I'm not really sure how to phrase this question. Basically, I have a Chinese reader of The Lady in the Painting written with traditional characters, but some of the vocab used is confusing to me.

For example, I thought the traditional character for 里 was 裡 and for 没 was 沒, but in this story it uses 家裏 for 家里 and 没有 instead of 沒有. (For context, the sentences are: 他没有哥哥,没有弟弟 and 家裏就是他一個人). There are also some differences in vocabulary from what I've learned so far, like using 外頭 instead of 外面/外边 like I'm used to seeing. (For context, the sentence is: 他的家在城外頭). There are also some other vocab differences, like 一塊兒 vs. 一起, 應當 vs. 应该, 大夫 vs. 医生, etc.

I don't know a lot about how vocab varies by region in China/Mandarin speaking regions, but I assume these differences I'm seeing could be chalked up to something like that. However, I'm not sure how to figure out what region this vocab comes from, or how to figure out when using words like these would be appropriate. If anyone could offer explanations, or point me to a source of information, or even suggest key words to google, I would really appreciate it.

谢谢你们帮助我!

submitted by /u/Scurfdonia00
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! http://bit.ly/2VffH8i
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo