2018年9月26日星期三

Which province should I choose

After finishing my degree this year, I plan on carrying out a year as an English language assistant through the British council programme. I have already participated in the programme during my studies and spent 9 months teaching English in Hamburg. I take my HSK 3 Exam on 1st, Dec and aspire to sit my HSK 4 soon after (at least before going to China mid August 2019). Now for the typical naive misconceptions of a 菜鸟:I realise the standard Mandarin I am learning is inspired by North-Eastern Mandarin and no matter which city I choose, an accented Mandarin is unavoidable. Good! If I'm living in China for a year, it's for an authentic experience. However, let me just discreetly mention air pollution before moving swiftly on...

I can choose from the following regions: Beijing, Chongqing, Hunan, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Hebei, Shanghai, Guizhou and Guangdong.

I am particularly attracted to Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Chongqing. The first due to gorgeous scenery and the last one for it's spicy food. I've read that people are discouraged from Chongqing as Sichuanese is more prevalent.

I don't think the ZH SH CH to Z S C shift would bother me too much. Just having the opportunity to practise Mandarin and breath air which isn't completely toxic are my priorities.

Feel free to add any info to advise me. Explain it like I'm 5 ...wrong sub, I know...

submitted by /u/hairthrowaway9518
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2NJU0gq
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo