2018年9月27日星期四

My Handwriting quality on english vs. the Mandarin Chinese language

Through kindergarten to about half of second grade, I went to a Chinese emersion school that taught us how to read and write in mandarin as well as learn about east-asian countries. Although since it was a real school, they did have to also teach the traditional American lessons, but they definitely put a lot less emphasis on english writing and reading than they should have, because at the second grade, my friends and I barely knew how to read and almost completely didn’t know how to spell beside basic 1-3 word sentences. What the school did focus on was the characters in the Chinese language. They made us practice over and over, dozens of new words a day, until we were at the point that we were accidentally speaking in Chinese outside of school. So when I moved to one of my traditional elementary schools in my district in the middle of 2nd grade, I was at a kindergartener level of literacy, but by the end of 2nd grade/start of 3rd grade, I was at a regular 3rd grade reading and writing level. Except for one aspect. Neatness. I wrote so sloppily, and no matter how hard I try, it was sloppy. Years went by, and I quickly forgot all of the Chinese I ever learned. Through the years, my grammar improves, spelling stays up to par/above average and so does reading, but wand writing stayed the same, and it’s still sloppy to this day. But the other day, I found a discovery. I was cleaning out my room when I found old notebooks with my old emersion school notes in them with chinese symbols that I wrote long ago. That alone was cool for me to see, but even more interesting was the writing itself: It was neat! With Such a complex language with complex symbols, and being so young and only having 3 and a half years to do it, I mastered it. I am a freshman in high school now, I’ve had 7 and a half years to improve my handwriting and It barely did. I wonder since my brain was much more observant back then, that maybe that school hard wired my hands to draw symbols. Just an idea, if you guys have any Ideas on how this could be, tell me! If not, I hope you enjoyed the story.

submitted by /u/chucknusket
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2OhCC2k
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo