2018年8月4日星期六

I Messed Up

I have been studying Chinese for a few years now and consider myself an intermediate. I can read and write at around the quality of a native middle student and have a relatively large intermediate vocabulary being about halfway through the hsk 5 list. But here is the problem, in my first year of studying we learned the tones for about a a day or two and casually discussed it throughout year one. Beyond this tones were never once again brought up in my course and I consequently ther made the poor decision to just not learn or pay attention to them as the vocabulary demand for the class accelerated drastically and I was not being judged on them anyway which I should have. I realize that this not only deems my speaking poor while grammatically correct and with sufficient vocabulary, but it also ruined my comprehension. I find myself so used to hearing toneless phrases and sentences that I can almost perfectly understand my classmates and other beginner learners who made the same mistake of ignoring tonws as opposed to actual natives who use tones. I have just begun going over the tones again, but find myself able to properly rounounce them when pronouncing words, but when I rehearse phrases or read aloud I lose the pronunciations almost instantly after the first few words. In other words I am very lost how I should go about getting my tones to the level where I am at?

Considering my position of being intermediate in most aspects what would be the most efficient route to take in order to catch up my speaking and comprehension up to my reading and writing regarding tones? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A note to everyone when you begin Chinese regardless of how you feel beyond that first time you go over tones understand that while your course may not emphasize them your speaking and comprehension will suffer to an extreme outside of the classroom and even if it requires intense dedication and extra work it is well worth your time.

submitted by /u/velociraptor1497
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2ACRwu8
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo