2018年6月3日星期日

Feedback on Anki plugin for finding good sentences

Hi there!

I'm working on an Anki plugin which is not released yet, but here's a screenshot to give you an idea for what it does:

https://i.redd.it/i064fri2fs111.png

The basic idea is you download shared decks with sentences (e.g. SpoonfedChinese), and cross check your vocabulary against the sentences to figure out which ones are ripe for picking. A sentence is scored based on the number of repetitions and relapses of the constituent words. For this to work you mark which decks contain sentences, which decks contain your active vocab, and optionally which decks are already "known" (i.e. HSK 1-3 if you're HSK4 level).

It's a problem I've been having for a while, so I'm wondering if this would be useful for people in this sub as well?

I think there's something similar in MorphMan for other languages, although for my personal workflow I prefer picking sentences from SpoonfedChinese to my personal deck rather than reordering the sentence deck, but maybe I'm in the minority here.

Other potential features I'm thinking about:

  1. Cloze generation from notes of other types
  2. Adding words from sentences in the search results as "known", since you often encounter words you know that you don't have in any deck
  3. Recommending new vocabulary based on how many good sentences I have for it (I don't really follow HSK order)
  4. Change card scheduling so that words and their sentences don't appear too close to each other
  5. Importing sentences from pasted text

If you're interested, feel free to email me at martin@rememberberry.com if you want to try it out early or give some feedback.

As for the type of feedback that would be extremely helpful:

  1. Do you prefer reordering sentence decks based on relevance or picking relevant sentences to your own deck?
  2. Which other features would be of most use to you?
  3. Do you use Anki 2.0.X or 2.1 beta? If 2.0.X would you be willing to upgrade? The reason I ask is because the older versions of Anki use Python 2 which is being phased out at the moment, and supporting both Python 2 and 3 would add a lot of extra work.
  4. Do you use Mac/Linux/Windows?

Cheers!

submitted by /u/remember-berry
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2LiT11i
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo