2018年5月27日星期日

Guidance Needed - Beginner-Conversational: 1 year Challenge

Hi all! Looking for some guidance relating to my Chinese language learning. First let me tell you about my current situation:

I speak very basic chinese at present. i have travelled around there for 1 month, can speak basic phrases, order food, ask for directions etc. but can't really formulate sentences. definitely classified as a beginner.
Taking a gap year after completing university. As such, I have a year or so to dedicate to my Chinese learning.
Finishing up work here in Ireland in September. At that point I will free to move to China and immerse for a 1 year period.
My girlfriend is Chinese. ironically we will be long distance while I am in China, as she is doing masters degree in Canada. But we talk every day on WeChat and she is very much on board with helping me achieve my goal this year (in other words, i have a native speaker to talk to)
financially, i will have enough money saved to keep me going over in china for a few months. budgeting to run out of money by january or so at which time i will probably need to source an english teaching job to keep me going. (in other words, i have enough money to spend wisely on learning resources etc. but not to splash out on an expensive immersion course in china.

Taking all of this into account, I am looking for somebody to give me a suggestion of a road map i should follow to become as fluent as possible by this time next year. Specifically:

What apps i should use (I have researched different apps to death, but i think i have information overload. what are a number of apps that compliment each other and i could use in tandem)

What i should focus on/do in
(A) - the period between now and when i can leave to go to China. Where i will be working here in ireland but have enough time for a few hours of study per day.

(B) -when i get to china. any suggestions of ways i can immerse myself in chinese life? cities i should go to? jobs i could do etc. i am reluctant to just take the english teaching route initially as i think this will hinder my immersion. i can survive without the income for a few months and would even love an unpaid job that would force me to use my chinese e.g. in a hotel.

Apologies for the length of this post, but i would really appreciate peoples opinions on a plan that i should follow. I am determined that this is the year that i will become proficient in Chinese, and I would love to decide on a plan that i can follow, get the necessary resources, and then just dive headfirst into this.

IF YOU WERE IN MY POSITION, AND YOU NEEDED TO LEARN CHINESE BY NEXT MAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Thanks so much in advance.

submitted by /u/gzola25
[link] [comments]

from r/ChineseLanguage: a community for people who are studying, teaching, or interested in Chinese! https://ift.tt/2IP3On9
--------
More tips about learning Chinese
http://hellolearnchinese.com

没有评论:

发表评论

Time-lapse: Beautiful cacti bloom before your eyes

from New China TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWntHYtd5Vo